1. Gin Rummy-this is one that we've been playing non-stop this weekend! Its so fun, and it works with two people or six people, it doesn't matter! You use a standard deck of cards here and try and create sets or runs and get rid of your cards as quick as you can. Full set of instructions found here. One of our current favorites.
2. Bohnanza-This is another one of our favorite games to play lately. Its a specific game you purchase and can find on Amazon where you can plant, sell, and trade beans with other players. Players try to collect large sets of beans to sell for gold. There is limited growing space and always new beans to plant. It is really fun with just two people, so we've been playing it a lot but the more people you have the more intense and exciting it is in my opinion so the next time you have company, you definitely should play this one!
3. Speed-This is a classic game played with a standard deck of cards.the object of speed is to be the first one to get rid of all your cards, and the first person to get rid of all twenty of their card wins. Detailed instructions found here.
4. Skip-Bo-I played this so much as a kid and still love to play it today. Its super simple and somewhat similar to Solitare. You try and get rid of your cards in sequence while blocking your opponent from getting rid of theirs. You can find this game at any Target, Wal-Mart or on Amazon and its a classic! You can find instructions here.
5. Crazy Eights- This is another classic game using a standard deck of cards that can be played with as few as two people, or you can play with more as well. Each player takes turns discarding their hand to match the suit on top of the discard pile, and eights are wild cards. The one to discard all of their cards first, wins. Specific instructions found here.
Game nights are such a fun way to spend quality time with your spouse, and it can be a nice break from the same routine of eating dinner and watching TV in the evenings. Do you have a favorite game you play with your husband? I'd love to hear!
I've also teamed up with some gorgeous bloggers to give away $125 in cash money! I am pretty sure all of you could put this to good use and treat yourself to something great. If $125 dollars cash doesn't turn your Monday around, I am not sure what will!