I am writing this somewhat frantically this morning before I go to work, as I was a busy busy bee last night. I was a real genius and waited to do laundry, pack for our trip, and clean the house til the night before our trip. I was actually amazed at just how much one can get done in one evening. It was a far cry from my typical evening where if I manage to make dinner, I feel real proud of myself and park on the couch or in my bed in front of netflix for the rest of the night as a reward.
Anyway, today Ronnie and I are going on our first ever road trip. We went on a two-hour road trip to McCall, ID once for a day when we were dating, but Seattle is more like 7.5 hours away and we're staying til Monday. We're leaving today right after work, so I thought I'd make a list of things we can do to make 7 hours on the road more fun and interesting.
1. Ask each other some of these questions
2. Play road trip games. Like the "My Cows" Game. Have you heard of it? Basically, whenever one of the people in the car spots a herd, or even one, cow, you have to be the first to yell MINE. You get however many cows you spotted-so if you spotted a herd of 50, you get all 50 cows added to your total. Sometimes you have to guestimate. At the end of the trip, the winner is the one with the most cows. SO FUN.
3. Study for your PHR. Oh, thats just me. I'll be studying for my PHR Certification.
4. Jam out to really quality music, like Taylor Swift and Rascall Flatts.
5. Load your Kindle up with great books. Unless you're someone who gets car sick. Don't do this.
6. Name your future children
7. Make goals and plans for where you want to be in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years.
Okay people, thats all I got . Help a sister out. What else can we do to keep each other entertained on our drive today? I won't be back to the blogging world til Tuesday, so make sure you follow me on Instagram and see updates on our fun weekend getaway with the hashtag #RasmussensinSeattle.