Happy Thursday friends. Today one of my blogging besties is taking over this space and keeping you all very entertained I am sure because she's hilarious. Lisa is the author of Two Martinis and our friendship grew over eight hours of g-chat a day that then turned into a few more hours of texts after we'd left the office and we even met in person this past summer when I visited Chicago. She is a real treat and her blog is the most real blog I've ever read that never fails to make me laugh out loud!
I really wish I didn't love Hawaii so I wouldn't be insanely jealous of Brittany being there while I'm here in Chicago, slowly losing feeling in my extremities from the cold... but alas, I do love Hawaii and I'm sure Brittany is having a blast and enjoying many a tropical beverage (hopefully the kinds that come with mini-umbrellas!) Anyway, Hawaii isn't the only thing I wish I didn't love, my list also includes:
- Reality TV. I really wish I didn't (at all) support such families as the Kardashians or the Real Housewives or any of the families on '16 and Pregnant' and TV shows like that, but I simply can't look away! As soon as I start watching these series I get hooked and there's simply nothing I can do about it at that point. I mean, I love reading, but I find myself reaching for the remote more often than I reach for a novel. It's a shame, really.
- Fall. I love fall - it's the typical 'white girl' in me. There is nothing wrong with the season of fall except for the fact that I anticipate fall and then it quickly becomes winter and I really do not love winter. I mean, I love it initially, but not all 8 months of it.
- Doughnuts (and cupcakes, Oreos, poptarts, etc.). I have a sweet tooth and there's nothing I can do about it. I can eat healthy foods but then I always need a dessert, obviously. And the gourmet doughnut shops in Chicago? I love them and I hate that I love them because I will travel great distances for a uniquely flavored doughnut. I wish I preferred oatmeal, but really, it's not even a competition.
- Flowers. I love fresh flowers in my kitchen, but I'm always so disappointed when they die, so of course I have to go out and buy more fresh flowers to replace them... It's a vicious cycle, really.
- Exercise classes. I love to exercise, and that's a good thing. However, over the years I've participated in such classes as: boxing, yoga, barre, running groups, Crossfit, and random classes at the gym. There is nothing wrong with loving to sweat, but the money I've paid to sweat in these classes over the years is unbelievable! I wish I loved just running or biking by myself, but alas, I'm a social exerciser.
- French Fries. French fries are what keep me from ordering a small salad as a side (at a restaurant) every.single.time.
- Chicago. There are other cities that would be great to live in, I'm sure. There are places with better weather, lower crime rates, better schools, lower rental rates etc etc etc. However, the fact remains that I absolutely love the city of Chicago and therefore I'm still faithfully living here five years after I first moved downtown. I wish I loved small towns, where I could live like a queen for what we pay to live in a big city, but alas, I thrive on the energy and bustle of Chicago.
- Chicago sports teams. I shouldn't even need to explain this, but I will. I'm a Cubs fan. The Cubs haven't won since 1908. I'm also a Bears fan, and we all know how that season is going (if you don't know, it's going badly). I wish I didn't love these teams so I could stop torturing myself, but alas, I'm loyal to these lovable losers.
That's enough from me! Tell me...
What do you love but wish you didn't?!
(You can also say 'hi' to me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest...)**