I couldn't be more excited to see this day we all love so much. This week has been incredibly long and busy, but it has also been really great. We've had plans every night this week which has honestly, been as good as it has been hard. I've been consistently trying to focus on positive things instead of complaining about the hard things, especially during a busy busy season. So today, I'm going to share five happy things from this week.
1. When we planned our anniversary moon to Hawaii, we did it as frugally as possible. We used airline miles for free plane tickets and we saved our tax return for our hotel/rental car. When we decided Ronnie would be going back to school, I was worried we wouldn't be able to save for our spending money in Hawaii but then we put our heads together to figure out extra ways to bring in income. I've started babysitting and house sitting and Ronnie has picked up extra shifts and in two weeks, we have saved in an old fashioned cash envelope almost 25% of our goal amount, the amount we want to bring to Hawaii to pay for food/drinks/entertainment.
2. Speaking of reaching that goal, every night as I say my prayers, I just can't help but be thankful for the opportunities God's put in our path. I always seem to have this grand plan of how I think God should provide for us, and even when His plan is much different than the one I dreamed up, He comes through and provides for us abundantly in every area of our life. So so thankful.
3. I spent my lunch hour twice this week writing in a coffee shop and wonder why I don't do this more often. I am writing in one of my favorite coffee shops, the Flying M right now sipping the best coconut iced latte and am loving this little escape from the office to just write and people watch. When I get home at nine or later every night like I did this week, its nice to use my lunch hour to get some writing done!
4. This weekend, my adorable niece and nephew are coming to have a sleepover with us, and then they're coming to church with us Sunday morning. We haven't had them over for a sleepover so it will be fun-I'm anticipating some ChickFilA for dinner and movies on the couch.
5. I hosted all of my youth group girls over this week for a Ice Cream party. We were going to roast Smores in the fire pit until I remembered it was the end of July and 100 degrees and a fire sounded like the worst possible idea. Last minute, one of the other ladies I lead with suggested we did ice cream instead, and it turned out wonderfully. I had my first ice cream sandwich with graham crackers and then I had another bowl of ice cream and it was heavenly. It was weird though, saying goodbye to our girls as it was our last official Wednesday night meeting. I've been leading those girls since they were freshman, and now they're all getting ready to go to college!
I'm also helping my blogging pal Rachel from Oh Simple Thoughts celebrate her blog birthday, and what is a birthday without some goodies! Here is one awesome birthday giveaway for you all. One year subscription to the lovely printable library of Elle & Co. Design (if you want to learn more check out Rachel's post), motivational coffee mug, and a retro camper headband! Can we all take a minute and talk about how much I NEED this coffee mug in my life? Seriously, I LOVE it and if I wasnt saving all my pennies for Hawaii, I'd have one in my checkout cart right now! You can win one though and the other amazing prizes!
A big thanks to all these lovely ladies for celebrating Rachel's blog's birthday and helping to make this giveaway possible! Make sure and give them some love!