Surprise! My husband apparently has learned a few things over the past few months too! I asked him to write down six things he has learned before he saw my post. I also want to take a quick minute and brag on this guy-he has been really committed to eating healthy and working out lately, and I attribute my own weightloss to all his healthy cooking! He has lost almost 10 pounds over the past couple of months! Last night he spent two hours in the kitchen-not only did he make dinner but he also cooked up a ton of chicken, veggies and quinoa and made a breakfast quiche so we had healthy choices for the rest of the week. I laid in bed and blogged while he did all that, so I obviously win wife of the year.
Moving on...6 things My Husband Has Learned In 6 Months Of Marriage:
1. Marriage is the most rewarding thing on the planet apart from serving God
2. Being selfless isn't always easy but it's one of the most loving things you can be for you spouse
3. I thought working at a church, having friends, and a wife was going to be easy. Reality check, it's not. However I'm a better husband when I hangout with my friends and just be a dude. Women make your husband do this. Men it's a tension to manage, your wife is your ministry but in order to do it well you need other dudes around you to challenge you, encourage you, lift you up, etc.
4. I am SINFUL man but God is even greater than my sin.
5. I wasn't as good of a leader as I thought. Somewhere along the road I stopped growing, I stopped learning, & I stopped being passionate. NEVER STOP.
6. Pursuing your wife isn't easy. I don't know what it is but for some reason we men just love to conquer things and move on to the next. However our wives aren't commodities or just another task. I can't say that I have done a great job of doing this the past 6 months but I am committed to getting better.