1. Have a really unprofessional and borderline inappropriate email address. Bonus points if it is along the lines of "Yourfavoritesin" @ email host dot com.
2. When you do not get offered an interview, call the Recruiter and tell her how incompetent she and everyone else at the organization is.
3. Write a three page essay on why you were wrongfully terminated at your previous job in the Reason For Leaving application blank.
4. Straight up bash your old employers in your job interview. That really makes the interview panel feel comfortable.
5. Ask really weird questions at the end of the interview like "If you were a fruit, which one would you be and why?"
6. Be a little TOO honest about your weaknesses. "I have anger management issues and threw a stapler at the wall when I was upset at my previous job" is a really good way to never hear from the company you are interviewing for again.
7. Be late to your interview. Does this one even require explanation? Do not under any circumstances give yourself a few extra minutes in case of traffic, do not consider it is okay to arrive early and sit in the lobby or in your car, leave in just enough time to get their right in time and you will most likely be late. And you will most likely not get a job.
8. "Spin" your experience and job titles. For example, if you were an Administrative Assistant, but want to work in Purchasing, if you've at least looked at a purchase order before, go ahead and change your title to Purchasing Agent. Same thing, right? And pray the company you're applying at doesn't actually call your previous employers!
There you have it friends. Straight from the mouth of a recruiter. Things to do when you really do NOT want to get hired.
Speaking of work, this girl is EXCITED today is Friday. I have a full day of interviews, and am already dreaming of sleeping in tomorrow for as long as my heart desires AND not having to put on real pants all day.