My favorite kinds of DIY projects are easy ones. This Burlap Wreath was easy for me, which means that if I could successfully complete it, so can you!
What you will need:
A metal wreath ring
About 10-12 yards of burlap
Any embellishments you want (silk flowers, initials, etc)
Spray paint if you wish to paint the initial like I did
Hot Glue Gun
I purchased all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby, and used coupons/discounts. Like my friend Karissa says, Hobby Lobby is a store you should never shop at without a coupon.
The steps are easy, and quick!
1. Use floral wire to tie the burlap to a spot on the wreath. It doesn't matter where, just thread the wire in the burlap and twist-tie it to the metal wring.
2. Starting from the inner most ring, form a loop, then go to the middle ring, form another loop, then finally, the outer ring, form another loop. You are basically just weaving the burlap in and out of the rings, all the way around.
3. I recommend to keep pushing the loops together to create a full look.
4. Once you are done, going all the way around the wire rim, you can secure your last piece using the floral wire.
5. Add your embellishments using hot glue.
If you are using an initial and painting it, I spray painted mine and let it dry overnight, then secured it using hot glue. Easy peasy. (Side note: I actually sprayed half of our outdoor table red as well, so probably put some more newspaper down than I did first)
If you're not up for the craft project, let me make one for you! Check out my new Etsy Shop, BrittsBurlapandBows.