Would you believe that today is the first day all WEEK I have logged on to Blogger? I can hardly believe it myself. Life is crazy around here! I just started my new job recruiting for the State of Idaho and its been a great change for me, but I haven't been able to get online like I did at my old job!
I am going to resume my Meet the Maids series next week, and fill you in on some life updates, as well as share a few things that God has been teaching me.
But today, I just want to share five little things I LOVE about my fiancé. Seriously, he blesses my socks off on a regular basis.
1. He encourages me to rest- You guys, I am STRUGGLING with how to "do it all." If any of you have this down, please, share. I have been struggling with some anxiety about everything I feel like I have to do, all the tasks and phone calls and chores that seem never ending but Ronnie encourages me to put all that aside and just rest. He reminds me that God calls us to have a day of rest, to uphold the Sabbath and recharge.
2. He is obedient to God's calling on His life-God has loudly been putting some career changes on Ronnie's heart, and even when I am full of fear and doubt, he confidently leads me in the direction that God is calling Him. He trusts God's provision and faithfulness even when I struggle to hold onto that truth at times.
3. He cares for me in ways I need it most- Last night, I came home to a clean house and laundry done. Ronnie doesn't live in our house, and my girlfriends and I are the ones who messed it up doing glittery wedding crafts, but He spent his afternoon cleaning for me so I could rest without stressing over a messy kitchen.
4. He isn't afraid to speak truth into my life-When I am struggling, I know Ronnie is right there to speak life-giving truth into my life. He encourages me to walk a little closer with Jesus and trust Him even when I can't see what He is doing. He reminds me that God is ultimately in control, and gently helps me loosen my grasp on all the things I want to control myself.
5. Even when we disagree, he is respectful and loving-Ronnie and I have never got into an actual "fight". We have disagreed, and have hurt each others feelings, but I can honestly say we've never been truly angry or mad at one another. I get so anxious when we disagree, and he is always so loving and reminding me that it is okay to not agree on everything 100%, that it is normal and healthy. I know his love for me is constant and isn't dependent on our circumstances.
I love that guy. So incredibly thankful God has joined our lives to take one path. Can't wait to marry the love of my life!